Welcome back to school!
THANK YOU TO THOSE OF YOU WHO MADE SNOWFLAKES FOR SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
We sent a large package of beautiful snowflakes to show our love and support in their time of difficulties.
We have a few concessions slots to fill:
1/15 6:45-close Girls Basketball
1/22 6:45-close Girls Basketball
1/25 6:45-close Boys Basketball
2/8 6:45-close Boys Basketball
2/15 5-7 Boys Basketball
Go to the link below and sign up!
We are excited for 2nd semester SCLA~ it contains many "firsts!"
- SCLA class of 2013, will be our first graduating class- CONGRATS!
- These seniors are working on amazing capstone action projects. Younger SCLA students are welcome to volunteer on these projects. Details coming soon on how you can get involved.
- Evening of Excellence- Mark your calendars! MONDAY, MAY 13 6-8pm at SCHS to celebrate our seniors and see their capstone projects.
- We have 4 levels of SCLA in class this semester: Thank you for your continued support of this great program.
- 9th grade with Mr. Lathrop
- 10th grade with Ms. Adams
- 11th grade- two classes with Mrs. Forbes
- 12th grade- with Mrs. Kohn.
International travel is not an "official" part of SCLA. However, we offer OPTIONAL trips to enhance your leadership experience during the four years of SCLA.
Summer of 2014
We are finding with our graduating seniors that SCLA is really setting them apart from the competition as they apply for college. When so many students have great grades, volunteer work, extra-curricular activities, what is the one component that sets them apart? LEADERSHIP. With SCLA, leadership is not just a word. It is who we are and what we do.
2014 Nicaragua trip will be the experience of a life-time.
Info on Nicaragua
Info on Nicaragua
- Get your hands dirty! Build a school in a small village.
- You will have the chance to use your Spanish skills or take immersion lessons in Spanish.
- End your evening with daily LEADERSHIP discussions with local leaders.
- Play with local children joining in games of soccer or baseball
- Visit a turtle hatching project and take in the amazing wildlife
- Tour a coffee plantation
- Visit local markets
- See the Masaya Volcano
- Beach time!
Let me know if you would like more info @ firstname.lastname@example.org